Saturday, February 02, 2008

Chicken Or The Egg - Ex. 33:17

"And the Lord replied to Moses, 'I will indeed do what you have asked for you have found favor with me, and you are my friend." Ex. 33:17

How did Moses do this? How did he find favor with God? Was it something he did or will do? Or was it simply that God decided to choose him? Everything I know to be true about God tells me that it must be the latter. God "chose" Moses to find favor with. As with us, God chose us before we were born, it was nothing of our own doing -- we did not earn it. For this reason, I do not believe that Moses did something extra special that earned his friendship with God. Unless... God being outside of time, "knew" the obedience Moses would display in the future, and thus found favor with him in the present. Ouch, my head hurts.

Lord, you call me your friend just like you did Moses. I know I did NOTHING to earn this, so all I can do is praise you and thank you for choosing me.

Today's reading: Ex. 33, 34; Ps. 16; Acts 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home