Monday, January 07, 2008

Total Frontal Blindness - Lk. 7:16-17

"Great fear swept the crowd, and they praised God saying, "A mighty prophet has risen among us," and "We have seen the hand of God at work today." The report of what Jesus had done spread all over Judea and even out across its borders." Lk. 7:16-17

When I was a kid, I had a habit of asking where something was before really looking for it. Inevitably, what I was looking for was right in front of me and I just didn't see it. A friend of mine said I had, "Total Frontal Blindness." This is how I would classify many of the Jews of Jesus' day. With this miracle, Jesus raised a boy who had been dead for days. To the people who witnessed the event, their response was immediate, "We have seen the hand of God at work today." To the Pharisees, who were waiting for the Messiah like everyone else, they could only see someone who was detracting from their authority and breaking their laws. A classic inability to see the forest for the trees, or "Total Frontal Blindness." This condition continues to exist in abundance today, and I am sure it is one of Satan's most powerful weapons.

Lord, thank you for giving me the ability to see you, I was blind but now I see.

Today's reading: Gen. 18-19; Ps. 3; Lk. 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home