Sunday, July 05, 2009

Excuses, Excuses... - Titus 3:3

From 7/1/2009 reading:

"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures." Titus 3:3

Paul writes to Titus about attributes that were part of a PAST life. Things that I should no longer be entangled by; things that I devoted myself to and immersed myself in because I did not have God to direct me. What is my excuse now? Why am I still so often driven by things that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with God? That, in fact, drive me away from godly pursuits? I must always live in recognition of, and never underestimating, the power of the enemy. Thanks be to God that that enemy is defeated!

God, help me to see what you see and feel what you feel everyday. Compel me to make the decisions that you would make.

Today's reading: Is. 1-3; Titus 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home