Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Pray!" - Eph. 6:18

"Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christian everywhere." Eph. 6:18

My prayer life is inconsistent. I pray, but not "on every occasion, in the Spirit"; and certainly not "for all Christians everywhere." My daily prayers tend to be a little selfish. Since I don't allocate enough time, I pray for my immediate family and myself more than anything. The reality is that God has placed me in a world full of people who need my prayers. I have allowed the busyness of the world take precedence over my time with the Lord. I have even started to discount those who pray on every occasion! What an enemy we are contending with!

I MUST give God the time he is due! I MUST, once again, re-prioritize! I MUST utilize every piece of God's armor!

Lord, it is too easy to get lax in my prayer life. Reawaken me to the need to pray for others. I love you and want to serve you.

Today's reading: Song 1-4; Eph. 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home