Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God Is The Same... Ps. 105:43-45

From 8/19/2008 reading:

"So he brought his people out of Egypt with great joy, his chosen ones with rejoicing... All this happened so they would follow his principles and obey his laws." Ps. 105:43-45

Throughout the OT, it always strikes me that God continues to refer back to that singular event in time. Of all the miraculous things he had done, it was his bringing the Jews out of Egypt that he singles out as THE defining moment. I always knew this was a big deal, but never understood why it was SO special to God. Well, it struck me today -- this was the moment of "SALVATION" for his chosen people. They were miraculously saved of a pagan land for a purpose, "...so they would follow his principles and obey is laws." So it is the same for us Gentiles. When God sent his son Jesus, that was our defining moment, our moment of salvation--and it is a big deal to God! We were miraculously called out of a pagan land for a purpose--to follow his principles and obey his laws. In he OT, God is clearly showing us how brokenhearted he is over the disobedience of his chosen people -- how are we (how am I) doing in comparison??

Lord, help me to always carry with me the preciousness of my salvation, and how important my actions are to you. Things ARE a big deal!

Today's reading: Jer. 45-47; Ps. 105; Jn. 21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home