Saturday, June 13, 2009

It All Comes Back to Faith - Phil.2:13

From yesterday's reading:

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him." Phil. 2:13

What a powerful verse! I read this over and over again. HE will give me the desire, and HE will give me the power! In other words, the desire to obey God is not natural, rather, supernatural; as is the power to actually carry out what he asks of me. Another way of saying it is that my desire to do what I want is is really quite "natural"... Maybe I am not as rebellious as I think I am! Well, lets not go too far here, the question really becomes, how yielded am I to ALLOWING God to have his way with me? With that yieldedness (and I have to be proactive in this area), comes the desire and the power, and yes, all from God. Without the yieldedness, all God has to work with is a hard heart. But once I yield to him, I know that I can rest on the faith that God will do the rest. This aspect of faith is important because I think too often I am trying to manufacture the desire to obey God. This verse tells me that HE will give me that desire, I just have to have faith. This I can do.

God, as I have said over and over again, thank you for sending your Holy Spirit and not leaving us alone and without power. Not only do you have a plan for me, but you give me the power to execute it. Thank you that it is not about me and all about you.

Today's reading: 1Ki. 12; 2Chr. 10, 11; Phil. 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home