Sunday, July 05, 2009

He Means What He Says! - Hos. 1:2

From 7/4/2009 reading:

"Go and marry a prostitute, so some of her children will be born to you from other men. This will illustrate the way my people have been untrue to me, openly committing adultery against the Lord by worshiping other gods." Hos. 1:2

This is a hard verse, but what it tells me is that God is serious about what he asks us to do. AND, he may ask me to do some very hard things. How often do I say, "God wouldn't ask me to do something like that..." I wonder if Hosea ever thought that God would ask him to marry a prostitute?! Worse yet, the purpose was to illustrate to others what God feels about their disobedience--it had NOTHING to do with Hosea! Things become difficult because God's ways are SO different from my ways, and he may choose to use extreme measures to make his point. Always best to be obedient, staying in the Word and as focused as can be on what HIS will is versus mine.

Lord, as I add on to yesterday's prayer, renew my focus on your will. Give me the desire to do what you want always.

Today's reading: 2 Ki. 15-16; Hos. 1; Heb. 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home