Friday, August 14, 2009

Bring It! - Jer. 17:7-8

"But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit." Jer. 17:7-8

In many ways I do feel like these trees. Thank you Lord for the gift of faith and the confidence I have in your provision. I have always said that it kind of feels like cheating, but I love it that it is a gift from my Father to me, and I gladly accept it. I am not saying that I am perfect in this confidence, but I truly feel it more often than not. Where I need work, though, is in the last sentence, "... and they go right on producing delicious fruit." My weakness is that I am not always "productive" from a heavenly perspective. I have to recognize that God gave me this gift of faith not so I could simply be free of worldly worries and fears, but so I could remain productive for the kingdom despite what the world throws at me. What is God asking of me? What does he want me to do? These are questions I don't spend enough time trying to answer. I need to.

Lord, as much as you have given me faith, give me direction. Make my path absolutely clear, and give me complete confidence that it is your will.

Today's reading: Jer. 16-17; Ps. 95; Jn. 16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home