Friday, July 17, 2009

True Love - Ja. 1:18, 21

"In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession... So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the message God has planted in your hearts, for it is strong enough to save your souls." Ja. 1:18, 21

How much does God love me? When I read these words it is just overwhelming! He chose me as his child by giving me his word, and somehow I became his choice possession. If that wasn't enough, he planted a message in my heart that has the power to save my soul! He asks me to "humbly accept" this message, which I can only assume means that it was a gift from someone greater to someone who is lesser, who by no means earned the gift. God simply took the initiative to plant this message in my heart to make me his choice possession because he loves me! To humbly accept, I must recognize that the work is done and complete whether or not I feel worthy. As he says in the next verse, "...it is a message to obey and not just to listen to." It is a message to ACT! There is no time to be bemoaning my weaknesses or God's reasons for doing what he did. Put blinders on and move!

God, help me to think less and act more. Thank you for loving me as much as you do.

Today's reading: Is. 29-31; Ja. 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home