Monday, August 03, 2009

It Is Finished... - Jn. 5:24

"I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death to life." Jn. 5:24

The simplicity of this verse really hit me today, especially the phrase, "...they have already passed from death to life." ALREADY, meaning there is nothing more to do, the job is complete. Like Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished." I will NEVER be condemned for my sins! I know this, but I still kind of live in "fear" of my sins. Like a daily report card -- how did I do today? Not to minimize it, but I think God knows that as humans, sin is woven into our fabric. Evidently, this is not his primary concern; rather, he looks past all that to whether we BELIEVE in him. If so, that's it, done deal, I have eternal life! Incredible. Now the rubber meets the road, how do I pass on that gift?

Jesus, thank you for coming and being the doorway from death to life. More importantly, thank you for helping me to find the door! Now help me to live daily with this knowledge: That I have nothing to fear, but many others do.

Today's reading: Nah. 1-3; Jn. 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home