Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Consider The Source - 2 Ki. 19:22

"Whom do you think you have been insulting and ridiculing? Against whom did you raise your voice? At whom did you look in such proud condescension? It was the Holy One of Israel! 2 Ki. 19:22

God's response through Isaiah to King Sennacherib's insults should be a wake up call to all of us. Sometimes we can begin to think way too much of ourselves. Like we actually mean something; as if our accomplishments make us something special; as if anything we have done was by our own hand--and not ordained by God long ago! I must always remember that I am here to serve HIM, and not the other way around; that EVERY good thing and blessing in my life was a gift from God simply because he loves me. Wow! AND I must certainly not be intimidated or put off by anyone who rages against God, because they are no different from the Assyrian King--they have no idea what they are doing and whom they are addressing. They are paving their own path of destruction.

Father, you are the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and THE only God. You are the author of everything, the beginning and the end. I will worship you and you alone--I bow before you.

Today's reading: 2 Ki. 18-19; 2Ch. 32; Ja. 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home