Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Refuge - Ps. 144:1-2

"Bless the Lord who is my rock. He gives me strength for war and skill for battle. He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my deliverer. He stands before me as a shield, and I take refuge in him. He subdues the nations under me." Ps. 144:1-2

What a great God I serve that he would be all these things for me. Who am I? Yet this is what he promises me. Do I recognize this day to day? Not nearly enough. He promises to be my refuge, yet I work so hard to be self-sufficient. He will provide if I let him; he will protect if I let him; and he will go before me and conquer if I let him. How can there be fear or insecurity when the God of the Universe, who created ALL things, is your ally and deliverer? Who and what would I fear? I need to recognize this verse at the beginning of every day and operate under it's promises, it's REALITY.

God, thank you for caring for me this much. Please help me to ingrain these promises into my day to day living--I should live in absolute confidence as I take refuge in you.

Today's reading: Jer. 52; Rev. 1; Ps. 143, 144

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home