Monday, December 11, 2006

God's Business Plan - Philem. 1:6

"You are generous because of your faith. And I am praying that you will really put your generosity to work, for in so doing you will come to an understanding of all the good things we can do for Christ." Philem. 1:6

Simple but effective, as good business plans should be. Let me make sure I've got this straight: I am generous because of my faith, my generosity enables things to be done for Christ, like evangelism (in all its forms), evangelism leads to people being saved, and saved people ultimately have faith that turns into generosity... What this boils down to, for Christians, is a business plan with one action step: GENEROSITY. Seems like it should be a snap, but generosity is a very big word for me; some aspects of it easier than others (the whole "Golden Rule" thing). But I'm all for simple plans, and if it is only one step, the only thing getting in my way is ME.

God, increase my ability to be generous.

Today's reading: Philem.; Heb. 1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home