Sunday, December 10, 2006

Personal Mandate - 1Tim. 4:13, 16

From 12/8/2006 reading:

"Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them... Stay true to what is right, and God will save you and those who hear you." 1Tim. 4:13, 16

I feel God speaking DIRECTLY to me when I read these verses. I have always felt that this is what the Holy Spirit gave me to do with my life; hence, the small groups and men's bible studies--I have always felt myself to be a teacher and an encourager of others, that is part of my gift and ministry. Regardless of whether I am a leader or not, that one section, "Stay true to what is right..." always weighs heavy on me. What if I slip up? Does the opposite consequence happen?! It just reminds me that I cannot act because of fear of consequences, rather, because I love God and want to reflect ONLY HIM.

Jesus, show me everyday how I look to the rest of the world--don't let me lie to myself.

Today's reading: 1Tim. 1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home