Sunday, December 10, 2006

Witness This - Titus 2:7, 8

Reading from: 12/9/2006

"And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good deeds of every kind... Let your teaching be so correct that it can't be criticized. Then those who want to argue will be ashamed..." Titus 2:7, 8


I keep telling my kids that their motivation to do good CANNOT be the fear of consequences; rather, the desire to accurately reflect Christ--in other words, be conscious of the affect your witness has. I need to do a better job of listening to my own advice! Throughout Timothy and Titus, the focus has been doing good works and the impact of our witness. My struggle is that I still choose myself over others WAY too often--then go into denial and rationalization mode when it comes to my witness. I need to find a way to take EVERY thought and action captive.

God, I pray that you make my motivations pure,

Today's reading: 1Tim. 5, 6; Tit. 1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home