Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Once Saved Revisited - Heb 6:17, 4, 6

From 12/12/2006 reading:

"God bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind." Heb. 6:17

"For it is impossible to restore to repentance those who were once enlightened -- those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit... and who then turn away from God." Heb. 6:4, 6

OK, I know I am crazy to dive into this topic again, but I just can't help it -- God's word is SO clear! He DID promise eternal security to those who want it; but based on chapter 6, he also gave CHRISTIANS (they have "shared in the Holy Spirit") the choice to deny him and suffer the consequences. As far as the BIBLE is concerned, God never took away our ability to reject him.

God, as you instruct, I will not argue over words. I will simply believe what YOU say.

Today's reading: Heb. 5-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home