Tuesday, January 23, 2007

God's Perspective - Ex. 7:3

"But I will cause Pharaoh to be stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt." Ex. 7:3

I think we are all guilty of evaluating what God does based on our own measures of fairness, ethics, morals, etc... basically what we consider right or wrong. I think we place value in areas where God may place very little, depending on what his purpose is at the time. In the verse above, God makes it clear that HE will purposely harden Pharaoh's heart so that he can fully display his miraculous works. In other words, he is making a point so that he will be recognized as the God of the universe. Well, in so doing, MANY animals as well as people die. What would society today or PETA say about his methods?! The answer is, it doesn't matter--he is God and they are not. Bottom line is that God's economy is different than ours, he has a different way of assigning value to life than we do. We can try, but I don't think we will ever REALLY understand.

God, you are an awesome God, the Creator of all things -- thank you for adopting me as your child.

Today's reading: Ex. 6-8; Lk. 23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home