Tuesday, January 23, 2007

God's Handiwork - Ex. 4:1, 13; Deut. 34:10

"But Moses protested again, 'Look, they won't believe me! They won't do what I tell them. They'll just say, 'The Lord never appeared to you.'" ..."Lord, please! Send someone else." Ex. 4:1, 13

This account HAS to be for the benefit of mankind. Moses argued and protested what God asked him to do FIVE times! Face to face with God! I'm surprised he survived! This shows me at least two things: Moses had all the doubts and fears that I have; and God will accomplish his will through me regardless of what I think is possible--it will be for HIS glory. I just have to be obedient, even if it is a reluctant obedience. That, I believe, is the beginning of faith, and God builds from there. Moses was a living example of God's handiwork, evidenced by his epitaph recorded at the end of Deuteronomy. After a rough start, here is what it says of him, "There has never been another prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face." Deut. 34:10

God, regardless of my insecurity and doubts, I pray, at the very least, that I am obedient.

Today's reading: Ex. 3-5; Lk. 22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home