Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Father's Love - Lk. 20:13, 18

"'What will I do?' the owner asked himself. 'I know! I'll send my cherished son. Surely they will respect him.'" Lk. 20:13

"All who stumble over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone on whom it falls." Lk. 20:18

This definitely continues on yesterday's theme of God's love. This is God's heart spoken out through Jesus. This is him reaching out, again and again after brutal rejections. This is his final offer of his love--his most cherished possession, his only son. "Surely they will respect him," GOD says. This is a very revealing statement to me--this is showing what God actually EXPECTED our reaction to be--only to be brutally disappointed yet again. Luke 20:18 tells us that there will be no further offers, accept Jesus or accept the consequences.

God, thank you for your patience, your grace and your love.

Today's reading: Gen. 49, 50; Ps. 8; Lk. 20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home