Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Broken Heart - Ps. 10:4, 11; Lk. 19:14


"These wicked people are too proud to seek God... The wicked say to themselves, 'God isn't watching! He will never notice!'" Ps. 10:4, 11


"But his people hated him and sent a delegation after him to say they did not want him to be their king." Lk. 19:14

I was having coffee with my good friend Vince last night, and was telling him that the more I read the Bible, the more I felt God's broken heart over being rejected by the very people he created and was willing to die for -- then I came home and read these verses! I can't begin to imagine the sorrow our God must feel. The only parallel I can draw is if my own children rejected me. And this isn't only rejection, mind you; this is them making it clear to me that they hated me, wanted nothing to do with me, and they were essentially erasing me from their memories -- I NO LONGER EXIST TO THEM. I cannot begin to imagine the pain I would feel... I doubt I will ever understand the love God has for me.

Jesus, you are my God and King, and I love you with my whole heart. Thank you for blessing me even though there is no way I deserve anything; and I am sorry for any pain that I cause you.

Today's reading: Gen. 47-48; Ps. 10; Lk. 19

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Mike,
You have hit the nail on the head as if you had just hit the sweet spot on your R7. You know though our LORD always brings us back around and blesses us. Your sons will do the same. My son and I have grown close as he is now learning to be a man. All of the past hurts are healed. Only joy is in my heart when I pray and think of him. ( Wow, another BLESSING) Only because of the love from Jesus does this happen. I thank our LORD so much for this daily. Mike, be prepared to cry many times with joy because what your childred will do my friend. V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home