Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hard Hearts - Lk. 16:29, 31

"Moses and the prophets warned them. Your brothers can read their writings anytime they want to... If they won't listen to Moses and the prophets, they won't listen even if someone rises from the dead." Lk. 16:29, 31

A little tongue and cheek from Jesus here since HE was the one who rose from the dead! But what a true statement -- even in Jesus' own generation people refused to believe what had plainly occurred, how much harder for this generation so far removed. I'm not asking for excuses, it just amazes me how blind and hard-hearted humans can be (I should know, I was one of them not so long ago!). I know people with all the info they need (maybe too much) at their fingertips, yet they analyze/rationalize away the need for a Savior. They are much more content with a "religion" of their own making. How sad when they wake up on the other side of the chasm (Lk. 16:26).

Holy Spirit, thank you for pursuing me, softening my heart and saving me.

Today's reading: Gen. 39-41; Lk. 16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home