Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Unfailing Love - Ps. 5:7-8

"Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; with deepest awe I will worship in your Temple. Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Tell me clearly what to do, show me which way to turn." Ps. 4:7-8

Neither Joseph nor David were perfect men, but they loved and trusted God, and God was with them. As I read about Joseph in Genesis, I am struck by how much God loves him and continues to bless him. The circumstances he finds himself in are not always pleasant, definitely the result of a fallen world, but God protects and watches over him no matter the circumstance. So similar to David, and I imagine that David reflects Joseph's heart as well in Ps. 5. These men recognized their position relative to God, as well as where any blessing in their life came from. They stood in awe of him and TRUSTED him to protect and direct them. Unlike what the world would teach us as men, when the going gets tough, the tough turn to the Lord!

God, thank you for Joseph and David and their example of your love and provision.

Today's reading: Gen. 42, 43; Ps. 5; Lk. 17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home