Wednesday, February 28, 2007

All You Need Is Love - 1Cor. 13:13

"There are three things that will endure -- faith, hope, and love -- and the greatest of these is love." 1Cor. 13:13

What a great verse -- it really boils things down doesn't it? Love is what makes all the other gifts work the way God intended; without it, those gifts could lead you to pride, arrogance or legalism. This is what Jesus condemned the Pharisees for when they didn't want him to heal people on the Sabbath. It's what I'm guilty of when I look down on someone who struggles with something I have no problem with. I feel so blessed with the gifts that God has given me, but if I don't exercise them with love and compassion I am no better than the Pharisees. I have to squash pride at every turn and remember that it is not about me! If I am not careful, I will allow Satan a foothold even in the gifts God has given me.

Jesus, help me to quickly identify when my pride is getting the best of me; I pray that you will work through your gifts despite my weaknesses.

Today's reading: Num. 24-27; 1Cor. 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home