Friday, February 23, 2007

Amazed - Mk. 1:27,28

"Amazement gripped the audience, and they began to discuss what had happened. 'What sort of new teaching is this?' they asked excitedly, 'It has such authority! Even evil spirits obey his orders!' The news of what he had done spread quickly..." Mk. 1:27, 28

Am I still amazed? I have to admit, at times I have to fight for that feeling; but it's a fight worth fighting. With amazement comes excitement, and with excitement comes passion, and with passion the gospel spreads -- this is what Mark 1:27-28 teaches me. Contrast this with what we read today in Numbers 10-11 with the Israelites complaining to God about their circumstances. They had essentially ceased being amazed, even though God provided for them via miracles EVERYDAY! Key in this is God's response--he burned with anger against them--not a position I want to find myself in!

God, keep your provision in my life fresh and exciting everyday. I pray I never cease to be in awe of you.

Today's reading: Num. 10-11; Ps. 27; Mk. 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home