Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Man On A Mission - Acts 25:22

From 2/18/2007 reading:

"I'd like to hear the man myself, " Agrippa said. And Festus replied, "You shall, tomorrow." Acts 25:22

Paul never lost sight of the mission he was on, spreading the gospel to the Gentiles. Since Paul was arrested in Jerusalem, here are some of the people who have heard the gospel because of him: The Commander who arrested him and his guards heard Paul's entire testimony; because of his preaching, the Pharisees and the Sadducees become divided over the issue of the resurrection (with the Pharisees defending Paul); God then tells Paul he must preach in Rome--he is sent to Ceaserea where Felix and Drusilla hear his message and keep him there for two years--countless more heard the gospel during that time I would imagine; then Festus takes over and Paul has another opportunity to give his testimony; then Agrippa and Bernice; and after them potentially Ceasar! While we might view being a prisoner as a negative, Paul simply sees it as opportunity for God to accomplish what he sent him out to do--now that is focus!

Jesus, I pray that you enable me to care more about my mission than my circumstances.

Today's reading: Num. 3, 4; Acts 25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home