Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Prophecy - Ps. 22

"My God, my God! Why have you forsaken me?... I am scorned and despised by all! Everyone who sees me mocks me, they sneer and shake their heads saying, 'Is this the one who relies on the Lord? The let the Lord save him! If the Lord loves him so much let the Lord rescue him!'... My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and feet. I can count every bone in my body. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divide my clothes among themselves and throw dice for my garments."

You would think we were reading one of the gospels, but it is actually Ps. 22:1-18, written/prophesied by King David! How awesome is that?! God wanted to make it clear that he transcended space and time, so he describes Jesus' death long before it happens through David in undeniable detail. If the doubters have a hard time denying this, then they should definitely be concerned about some of his concluding remarks, "Let all mortals--those born to die--bow down in his presence." Ps. 22:29

God, thank you for leaving NO DOUBT that you have a plan.

Today's reading: Num. 5, 6; Ps. 22; Acts 26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home