Wednesday, February 28, 2007

God Wants You - Mk. 8:20-23

"It is the thought life that defiles you. For from within, out of a person's heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, eagerness for lustful pleasure, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you and make you unacceptable to God." Mk. 8:20-23

God wants who we ARE, not what we APPEAR to be. The Pharisees were all about outward appearance, and Jesus condemned them for it. It is my heart that reflects the REAL me, and this is no hiding this from God. The list above condemns us all -- thank God I'm covered by the blood of Christ! The list of rules and regulations in the Old Testament make at least one thing abundantly clear--man, on his own, could NEVER approach God--yet God provided a way. I AM many of the things listed above, but when God sees me, he sees Jesus. What an awesome God!

God, I am sorry for the thoughts that reflect the ugliness of my heart. Thank you for making all things new.

Today's reading: Num. 21-23; Mk. 6, 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home