Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thorny Ground - Mk. 4:18, 1

"The thorny ground represents those who hear and accept the Good News, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the cares of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for nice things, so no crop is produced." Mk. 18, 19

OUCH! Stop poking me! All right, I confess this is my constant daily struggle. Even though I never let the message get crowded out entirely, I often wonder how well I'm really doing with all God has blessed me with. How good is my crop production? Oh, I KNOW it could be better, but how much? Will he say, "Well done good and faithful servant?" The cares of this life and the desire for nice things are voices that are always screaming very loudly in my head, trying their best to drown out the message -- I refuse to allow them to, but I struggle for balance. How I would love to be able to say, like Paul, that I gave it all -- that I was poured out like a drink offering.

Lord, I pray that YOU keep my on balance and walking toward you, even if at times the steps are small.

Today's reading: Num. 17, 18; Ps. 29; Mk. 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home