Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who Is Worthy? - Ps. 24:3-5

"Who may climb the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. They will receive the Lord's blessing and have right standing with God their Savior." Ps. 24:3-5

God gives David a revelation of who is worthy to stand before the Lord -- in a word NO ONE. By this guideline, no one qualifies, no one is worthy. I wonder what David thought about this? Did he think HE would stand before the Lord based on this? If it were me, I would have my doubts. No wonder these men were saved by their faith. As Hebrews describes, all they had was a hope, and they died before that hope was realized. They had hope even in light of verses like the ones above, they even died for this hope--now that's faith! Only one figure in history fits the description, that would be Jesus, my Savior. These verses make it clear that without him, none of us could stand before an absolutely holy God.

God, thank you for loving me SO MUCH that you would allow your son Jesus to die for me just so I could be your friend... I love you too.

Today's reading: Lev. 23, 24; Ps. 24; Acts 21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home