Sunday, April 08, 2007

Give It Up - 2Cor. 8:11, 12

"Give whatever you can according to what you have. If you are really eager to give, it isn't important how much you are able to give." 2Cor. 8:11, 12

A constant struggle -- how much are we being called to give? Outside of tithing, the Bible is pretty clear that this is a matter of the heart, and is not limited to dollars and cents. Alice always feels that we are not giving enough, I am not so sure. While I agree we could be giving more, I also know that when God asks, we give. So how does one measure success in this area? Whenever there is an opportunity to give, we give--money, time and resources. Could we give more? Yes. Am I eager? Not always. How does one reconcile responsibility to God with responsibility for taking care of the needs of a family? How do I deal with the vagueness of verse 15? Uuugghhh!

God, you really have to help me here -- this has always been a struggle.

Today's reading: 1Sam. 3-5; Ps. 77; 2Cor. 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home