Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WMD's - 2Cor. 10:5

"With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God." 2Cor. 10:5

These are GOD'S weapons, they are spiritual weapons. Weapons born out of the Holy Spirit--we are talking about prayer or intercession. The key word in this verse is, "proud." When I think of the non-believers in my life, I see very proud people. It is their pride that is blinding them, and is is the most powerful weapon that Satan has in HIS arsenal. It's right back to the Garden again! Pride becomes a lens that colors everything they see, and it seems good at filtering out God. Through intercession, the Holy Spirit gives us the power to break down that pride--it is only on our knees that we will win this battle. With pride removed, they will finally have a fighting chance to make a real decision for Christ. With the lens removed, they can finally see him clearly and accurately.

God, compel me to spend more time doing battle on my knees with words directed to you, than on my feet with words directed to blind people.

Today's reading: 1Sam. 8-10; 2Cor. 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home