Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Who's The Boss? - Jer., 1Jn.

"By my great power I have made the earth and all its people and every animal. I can give these things of mine to anyone I choose(1)... I myself will fight against you with great power, for I am very angry. You have made me furious!(2)... I will hand them over to King Nebuchadnezzar of babylon. He will slaughter them all without mercy, pity, or compassion(3)...So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will continue to live in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. And in this fellowship, we enjoy the eternal life he promised us(4)" (1)Jer. 27:5; (2)Jer. 21:5; (3)Jer. 21:7; (4)1Jn. 2:24, 25

God has been emphasizing to me that what we think is not what matters. Regardless of what WE may believe is right, wrong, just or unjust, he alone is God and can do whatever he wants with his creation (see 8/6/07 entry). That man has always attempted to impose his own will and desire over that of God's, to their own peril. And that through out time his message of love has NEVER changed: Return to God and he will be our God and we will be his people. Like a parent whose heart is broken when his children disobey and stray, it is the same with God; what joy and mercy overflows when they return!

Lord, I repent of my sinfulness. I am sorry that like a child I can be SO disobedient; I praise you for your love and mercy. Thank you for being my Father.

Today's reading: Jer. 21, 24, 27; Ps. 118; 1Jn. 2

1 Comments:

At 4:45 AM, Blogger Terry said...

God after using Babylon to bring HIS judement for sin on God's people. Then God judges Babylon for what she did see Jeremiah 50 -51. Not fair to our way of thinking. But do notice that when Nebuchadnezzar turns to God HE has mercy on him too. See Daniel 4:34 See when anyone no matter the judge God has on that people or nation turns to GOD in repentance. GOD has mercy on them. See Ruth, See Rahab

 

Post a Comment

<< Home