Saturday, August 18, 2007

Blessed - Jn. 20:29

"You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway." Jn. 20:29

This is us! We are called blessed because we haven't seen but believe anyway. No matter what I may think of myself, no matter how often I fail and fall, no matter that I AM A SINNER, Jesus knew all this and still called me blessed! Who am I that I deserve this pardon and honor? I am nobody, yet God chose me out of his grace and mercy. For this, God, I will forever give you praise and honor. What a contrast this attitude is from that displayed by King Jehoiakim in Jeremiah. With no fear of God, he burns Jeremiah's scroll and ignores all that God is plainly telling him. Frightening, yet this is what much of the world continues to do right up until today. God's patience is amazing, but one day EVERY knee will bow.

Lord, thank you for sending your Son, thank you for choosing me.

Today's reading: Jer. 26, 35, 36; Jn. 20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home