Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Focus - Jn. 12:7

From 8/10/07 reading:

"Jesus replied, 'Leave her alone. She did it in preparation for my burial. You will always have the poor among you, but I will not be with you much longer.'" Jn. 12:7

As I was fasting and praying today, I asked God to focus my mind. He directed me to this verse. My sense was that he was calling us to have a renewed focus on worship. That EVERYTHING flows from this point. Bill often talks about the idea of yieldedness--the call for every Christian, yet an attitude that takes a lot of practice to attain. It does not come naturally to me, in fact just the opposite attitude does! What better way to practice yieldedness than through worship? The very definition of yieldedness! What Mary did in this verse was an act of PURE worship, in Judas' eyes it made no logical sense. But God said that this was OK, that her focus on worshiping him was right. Sometimes the answer is to stop thinking so much and just start worshiping God!

"I love you Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship you, oh my soul rejoice. Take joy my King in what you hear, let it be a sweet, sweet song in your ears..."

Today's reading: Jer. 5-6; Jn. 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home