Tuesday, December 04, 2007

True Righteousness - Rom. 14:14-16

From yesterday's reading:

"I know and am perfectly sure on the authority of the Lord Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong. And if another Christian is distressed by what you eat, you are not acting in love if you eat it. Don't let your eating ruin someone for whom Christ died. Then you will not be condemned for doing something you know is right." Rom. 14:14-16

Wow, that hit hard! It's not about me, it's not about being right, it's about LOVE. How often, in my righteous thinking, am I actually condemning another Christian? This verse says that I am actually condemning myself, and because of my self-centered living, potentially ruining another Christian's walk with Christ! My focus HAS to be less about me and more about others -- THAT is the example Christ gave me to follow, and demonstrate.

Holy Spirit, it is only with your help that this aspect of my life can change. Infuse me with true, genuine love for others, so Christ can be more accurately reflect through me--I want to be selfless, but I am not.

Today's reading: Rom. 13-16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home