Thursday, January 03, 2008

Expect The Unexpected - Lk. 3:15

"Everyone was expecting the Messiah to come soon, and they were eager to know whether John might be the Messiah." Lk. 3:15

Two thoughts: 1. Why, at this moment in time, was "EVERYONE" expecting the Messiah to come? 2. That daily living in expectation of Christ's imminent return is largely missing today. What would it be like if the entire church REALLY believed that Christ could return at any moment? The Book of Revelation tells us that these are periods of enormous revival. Where the gospel is being preached and people are being saved. Where there is a sense of urgency... Guilty as charged Lord! I have bought into Satan's lie like everyone else. I act like tomorrow will come just like today did; I plan for decades into the future and miss the people that you set before me today.

Jesus please help me. It is ONLY by your Holy Spirit that living with this sense of urgency is possible. Show me what you want me to see TODAY; build my faith so I know that you have tomorrow taken care of.

Today's reading: Gen. 6-8; Lk. 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home