Sunday, January 06, 2008

House Of Cards - Lk. 6:49

"But anyone who listens and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will crumble into a heap of ruins." Lk. 6:49

I don't know what percentage that this applies to, but I bet it's big! This was me. I grew up in church listening to the words, but those words never landed anywhere. I ran my life completely separate from God... until the floods came. Then my life that I thought I had so intelligently constructed started to collapse. Like the proverbial house of cards, there was simply nothing of value supporting it. It was ONLY when I truly let God in, yielded/capitulated and laid prostrate before him with nothing of myself left, did I begin to recover. And was it ever a miraculous recovery! I know that today I stand on solid ground.

Jesus, thank you for being a foundation I can trust.

Today's reading: Gen. 5-7; Lk. 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home