Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daily Bread - Deut. 17:19-20

From 3/11/2008 reading:

"He must always keep this copy of the law with him and read it daily so long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the Lord his God by obeying all the terms of this law. This regular reading will prevent him from becoming proud and acting as if he is above his fellow citizens." Deut. 17:19-20

While I am not a king in the OT sense, and while it is not just the law that I read, this command holds true today. In the NT sense, I am a priest AND a king, and I have been given God's word, his Truth, in its most complete form to read. By reading it every day I open the door to the most important relationship in my life, and allow God to speak into and impact my daily living. At the very least it keeps my pride at bay, but at its best the blessings flow from eating this daily bread.

Thanks you God for your word.

Today's reading: Deut. 16-18; Ps. 38; Gal. 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home