Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Judge Not - 1Cor. 4:5

"So be careful not to jump to conclusions before the Lord returns as to whether or not someone is faithful." 1Cor. 4:5

It says earlier in the verse, "...it matters very little what you or anyone else thinks...," since God is the one who examines and decides. But how bad are we Christians on this point?! We/I judge people all the time, in and out of the church. As if we really knew something and as if what we thought really mattered! Unless someone comes to me to ask my opinion or advice o the matter, I should simply assume their faithfulness--if they are not, it is between them and God anyway. MY own faithfulness is enough of a full time job for me.

God, I pray that my thoughts will always honor you.

Today's reading: Josh. 3-6; 1Cor. 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home