Friday, July 10, 2009

Keep It Simple - Mic. 6:8

"No, O people, the Lord has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Mic. 6:8

People always try to complicate what God wants from them. It must be human nature to believe that the God of the universe MUST demand something very complex/difficult/overwhelming from us in order to satisfy him. Then, straight from the Prophet's mouth, comes the simplicity of Micah 6:8. When you read it, it makes so much sense that this is what God would desire. It is so loving, peaceful and relational. And the best part is that is SO simple! It is THREE things -- I can do that!

Or can I?

Do I always do what is right? hmmm...
Do I love mercy? weeellll... yes, but do I always offer it? hmmm...
Do I walk humbly with my God? I walk with him, but how humble am I? hmmm...

What I conclude from this is that while I may not execute perfectly, I know my heart strives for all three most all of the time. And I hate it when I stumble! I know that I must do better because this is all that my God is asking of me. It is not that hard, and yet it is. Jesus DIED for me, and all he is asking for are these three things? I simply HAVE to do better!

God, thank you for keeping it simple for a simple person like me. Please help me to not only do better with the three tasks you have given me, but I pray that you change my heart so that they come more easily... so that it becomes human nature for me.

Today's reading: Mic. 5-7; Heb. 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home