Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Worship The King - Heb. 12:28

"Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe." Heb. 12:28

I seem to keep coming back to the same theme, that we MUST give God the honor and respect that he is due. And for the most part we don't. Like the verse a couple of days ago, I think we may be at risk of treating the things of God as common and unholy. Do I become too familiar? Do I approach him with fear and awe? Do I live every day recognizing that I actually have a relationship with THE God of the universe, that he has chosen me to be his son, that he has given me an eternal life with him? The things of this life can be so consuming, but God is calling me to live today while focusing beyond this life. Reading Isaiah today, I interpreted 23:9 as saying that God humbles me to destroy my pride and show his contempt for all human greatness. Wow.

Lord, help me keep who you are in perspective every day. Always recognizing your greatness, your love for me and your gift to me. I worship you with holy fear and awe.

Today's reading: Is. 22-24; Heb. 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home