Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Faith - Is. 20:3

"Then the Lord said, 'My servant Isaiah hs been walking around naked and barefoot for the last three years. This is a sign -- a symbol of the terrible troubles I will bring upon Egypt and Ethiopia.'" Is. 20:3

Every time I read this I wonder if it was true. Naked for three years? How much faith would that take?! I like to believe that I have the gift of faith, but I just don't know what I would do if God told me to do this--then again, he wouldn't ask me to do more than I could handle now would he? In all seriousness, how far am I willing to go to be obedient to God? I moved to NC, so I guess pretty far, but what if what he asked was embarrassing, humiliating, or degrading? What God asked of Isaiah was all of these things, yet he obeyed. I guess I can't worry about this, but it does make me wonder. There was a comforting verse in today's reading in Hebrews: "...Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Heb. 11:6b" I know that I do this, all the rest has always followed. The key for me: always keep seeking Him.

God, thank you for the faith that you have blessed me with. It carries me through the uncertainties in life and keeps me focused on the what is solid and true. I know that I can depend on you, please keep revealing yourself to me.

Today's reading: Is. 19-21; Heb. 11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home