Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Remain Vigilant - Lam. 2:3-4

"All the strength of Israel vanishes beneath his fury. The Lord has withdrawn his protection as the enemy attacks. He consumes the whole land of Israel like a raging fire. He bends his bow against his people as though he were their enemy. His strength is used against them to kill their finest youth. His fury is poured out like fire on beautiful Jerusalem." Lam. 2:3-4

I know this is probably an over reaction on my part, but I am sure Jerusalem found ways to justify all their actions right up until God said, "no mas!" I don't want to be one who deludes himself into believing he is on the right path, only to discover I have turned God into my enemy. I know, over reaction, but it is just how I am feeling right now. A LOT has been going wrong lately, and without going into detail in a public space, the last straw was Dave getting into yet another car accident this morning and totaling his car. Praise goes to God for keeping him from being injured, but I can't help but think, "what's up God?" Have I made a wrong turn, or am I just under attack? Neither question can my humanity answer, it will have to come from God. Whatever the answer, I feel the need to turn up the intensity on how I am walking daily with God. It's too easy to be lulled into living what has turned out to be a very good life, and let slide the daily activities he calls me to do. How am I supposed to "take up my cross"? What have I neglected? Am I being lazy, or am I just spoiled? Or is it both? Maybe it is none of the above, but I know that I have room to turn up the knob on the vigilance meter.

Lord, don't allow me to become blinded to your ways; don't let me be seduced by this world. I know that I am but a breath, here for a moment in eternity. Keep my focus on you Lord, show me my weaknesses, protect my family and I from Satan's attacks.

Today's reading: Lam. 1-2; Obad.; Rev. 14

2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Terry said...

Lamentations 3:22-25

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;therefore, I will hope in him!”
25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,to those who search for him.

Terry Burroughs

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello M,
Remember Satan begged to hammer on Peter and again wanted to slander Job for no reason! But as we learned Satan has to pass these through GOD!!! We are so blessed that he is in control!!!!
Love you M!

V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home