Thursday, December 21, 2006

Don't Confuse Me With Facts - Jn. 10:37

"Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work. But if I do his work, believe in what I have done, even if you don't believe in me." Jn. 10:37

The more I read the Bible, the more I realize what God's purpose for life on this earth is--to point to the fact that there IS a God, that Jesus IS God and our ONLY ROUTE to salvation is through him. Whether it be the Law of the old covenant, miracles performed or evidence of the Holy Spirit, ALL of it was to point to the need for a Savior, that Savior being Jesus. If we were to really grasp the purpose for OUR existence, we would understand that it is to simply reflect Jesus in all we do so more could be saved--end of story. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. The fallen world we live in constantly messes with our priorities, and we actually come to believe that our purpose on earth has something to do with us. As this belief takes root, our desires overtake God's, and eventually we forget what our original purpose even was; hence, the popularity of a book like, "A Purpose Driven Life." In Jn. 10, Jesus can, of course, confidently state that everything he does reflects his Father, therefore we should believe in him--our goal should be the same.

God, let my will be yours, not mine.

Today's reading: Jn. 9-11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home