Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Faith - Heb. 11:19

"Abraham assumed that if Isaac died, God was able to bring him back again." Heb. 11:19

If that is the definition of faith I don't have any. This is a fact. I try to put myself in Abraham's place with God telling me to sacrifice any one of my sons -- THERE IS NO WAY! In fact, I don't know any father who could... except my father in heaven, and I guess there in lies the point. God did for me what NO human could or would. I don't get off that easy though; this chapter is about faith, or my lack of. My only consolation is that this specific act is not something that God would ask me to do because it is "beyond what I am able." While I kinda believe that, I kinda think it's a copout as well. Regardless, I just can't let my mind go there as I don't want to give Satan a foothold. I will just focus on the fact that I serve a loving and just God who knows what is best for me -- I will simply face each situation as it comes knowing he will provide what I need. It REALLY is that simple.

Jesus, thank you for YOUR faithfulness; thank you that I can trust you completely.

Today's reading: Heb. 9-11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home