Monday, December 18, 2006

No Worries - 1Jn. 2:27

"But you have received the Holy Spirit and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you all things, and what he teaches is true -- it is not a lie." 1Jn. 2:27

This is a great follow-on to yesterday's verse. God provides all truth to me through the Holy Spirit living in me. I don't need anyone to teach me truth -- God is sufficient! Sounds easy, but this still requires effort on my part. The Holy Spirit is often a "still small voice," and it requires desire and sensitivity to hear it amongst the noise of life. Once I hear this voice, discern it is from God, and understand what he is instructing, I must still be willing to DO what it says. Therein lies the rub -- I still have a choice! God can lead me to the promised land, but he won't force me in.

Jesus, thank you again for your perfect provision; help me to be obedient.

Today's reading: 1Jn. 2-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home