Sunday, December 17, 2006

Perfect Provision - 2Pet. 1:3

"As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life." 2Pet. 1:3

Bill preached on this verse this morning. One of those I have read many times (even highlighted) but hit me as revelation anew. Usually when I read words like "EVERYTHING" in the bible, it seems to be attributed to something of godlike proportions, or something eternal, like salvation, heaven, etc. But this verse says that Jesus gives me POWER, and EVERYTHING I need to live a godly life--now, today, here on earth! No qualification, education, seminars or books (bar one) needed. When we are saved, we are the complete package--with God's perfect provision. It doesn't mean I won't get better, it just means that at that moment, on that day, in that circumstance, I have all that I need to be godly--WOW!

God, thank you for thinking of everything.

Today's reading: 2Pet. 1-3; 1Jn. 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home