Saturday, December 16, 2006

Father And Son - James 4:6

From 12/15/2006 reading:

"God sets himself up against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble." James 4:6

I have been given such a clear picture of how God loves me as a child over the last couple of days. My son David can be SUCH a challenge! Suffice to say, we have been having more than our share of issues with him lately. Even though I can be furious with him, and even though his actions in no way have "earned" him any grace, I just can't help it; I just WANT to do good things for him. I love him and I want him to be happy. I will take the time to discipline him, then I will go right back to blessing him -- I now recognize that this is exactly the relationship I have with MY father in heaven. I recognize that I am no better than my son David -- best to be humble.

Jesus, thank you for being a great dad. I pray that I can be as great to MY son.

Today's reading: James 1-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home