Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You're A Good Man... - Mt. 5:14

"You are the light of the world--like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see." Mt. 5:14

This verse has always convicted me. I know what Jesus is telling me, that I should stand out FOR HIM in a crowd. That it should be OBVIOUS that I am a Christian, that I should appear different than the rest of the world. The only thing is, I fear that I am none of those things. Oh, I have my moments. I can give wise counsel, lead a Bible study, do good works, serve in the church, reach out to someone in need, even pray like a real pro. But do I SHINE in a dark world? Am I REALLY willing to be different? Am I REALLY willing to sacrifice? Does the world see me as a CHRISTIAN, or am I just another good guy? Sometimes I'm just not sure...

Lord, don't give Satan a foothold in this area of my life, just give me the courage to do what you tell me to do.

Today's reading: 1Sam. 20-21; Ps. 34; Mt. 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home