Friday, April 27, 2007

Ye Of Little Faith - Mt. 14:15-17

"'Send the crowds away so they can go to the villages and buy food for themselves.' But Jesus replied, 'That isn't necessary--you feed them.' 'Impossible!' they exclaimed." Mt. 14:15-17

I wish I could claim otherwise, but I am just like the disciples. I view the world, and the circumstances of the world, as something separate from God. My immediate reaction is based purely on MY abilities--what I am capable of. How limiting is that?! Shouldn't my reaction be, "Lets see what God does with this."? Because God CAN do anything right? Didn't he come into this world to impact it? Wasn't he intent on using us Christians as a conduit for his power? I do believe this, I just don't live it often enough. That is why I am so motivated every time I have the opportunity to spend time with my friend Mike Bagby (missionary in Nicaragua). No matter the circumstance, his response without fail is, "lets see what God does about this." Before any decision, "lets pray about that." And after experiencing the outcome, "isn't God amazing?" He truly tries to live every moment (he may disagree, but that's how it seems to me!) how God would have him live it, as opposed to how he may feel HE wants to. And the amazing thing is that God ALWAYS comes through--he provides for his every need in the most incredible ways. A lot of freedom in this way of living, I just don't have the faith. I have experienced short periods of this faith-based living, and they were some of the most incredible periods of my life. So what's stopping me? Oh... it's that faith thing again.

God increase my faith, give me the courage to take steps toward you even when I can't see where my foot is going to land.

Today's reading: 2Sam. 2; 1Chron. 11; Ps. 142; Mt. 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home